The main objective of this document is to advocate for the safe return of children and youth to school by emphasizing the importance of school reopening for broader child health, balanced against the potential and important risks of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Created in partnership with SickKids, CHEO, Holland Bloorview, Kingston Health Sciences Center, London Health Sciences Children’s Hospital, McMaster Children’s Hospital, Unity Health Toronto.
This document has been endorsed by Children First Canada and the following leaders in paediatrics:
- Allison Eddy, University of British Columbia
- Ciaran Duffy, University of Ottawa
- Jean-Yves Frappier, Université de Montréal
- Andrew Lynk, Dalhousie University
- Patricia Birk, University of Manitoba
- Robert Connelly, Queen’s University
- Athena McConnell, University of Saskatchewan
- Meredith Irwin, University of Toronto
- Angelo Mikrogianakis, McMaster University