Advice on healthy living for kids and parents can be confusing, and at times overwhelming. Live 5-2-1-0 simplifies this information into a comprehensive, evidence-based message for school-aged children (aged 5-12 years) that’s simple, clear, and easy to learn:
- enjoy FIVE or more vegetables and fruits,
- no more than TWO hours of recreational screen time,
- at least ONE hour of active play,
- and ZERO sugary drinks.
Live5210.ca is a place for families, health care providers, and community partners from all sectors to learn about the Live 5-2-1-0 message and access tools and resources to help promote and support healthy behaviours in kids. There are over 50+ resources available to download for free from the Resource Hub, as well as links to online training courses, videos and more! Examples of resources include:
- Family Physician Toolkit: Healthy Habits Questionnaire (age 2-9 or 10+)
- CME-accredited Motivational Interviewing training course (online)
- Family Physician Toolkit: Guide to Respectfully Discuss Weight with Pediatric Patients
- Sleep Resource & Infographic
- Tip Sheets for Families
- Sugary Drink Fact Sheet
- Screen Time Fact Sheet
- Around the World Outdoor Games Booklet
- Weekly Goal Tracker Sheet
Live 5-2-1-0 App
Building healthy habits just got easier! The Live 5-2-1-0 App guides children through the steps of building a weekly goal – kids can focus on healthy eating, increasing physical activity, reducing screen time, and more.
The Live 5-2-1-0 App also serves as a tool for healthcare providers to help initiate conversations about healthy behaviours with families and to track behaviour change in patients over time.