Teen2Chef is a 10-week food literacy program for adolescents. This program was created in conjunction with Registered Dietitians from children’s hospitals across Canada as part of the Meant2Prevent initiative for type 2 diabetes prevention.
This program was developed to be run by Registered Dietitians to improve the food literacy of their adolescent populations to improve lifelong health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes. It consists of 10, 2 hour sessions that involve a combination of nutrition education, activities, and food skills development.
- Facilitator Guide with step-by-step instructions how to run the program
- Activity & Recipe book for participants
- Grocery Lists (not pictured)
- Food Literacy Pre & Post Questionnaires
- 10 Weeks of Nutrition Education PowerPoints